Friday, December 14, 2012

12+13=25; that explains it!

Because yesterday, 12/13, felt like a bit like December 25. Some holiday goodies were baked....
Nibby Buckwheat Butter Cookies
Regular and chocolate krumkake
(Having the time to do so felt positively luxurious!)

There were gifts in the day's mail....
Package #1 contained two beautiful new-to-me tools. The bigger is a Jenkins Swan Turkish spindle in Masur Birch, the smaller is a Jenkins Delight in Big Leaf Maple. They were being destashed on by someone on Ravelry for a really nice price, and I couldn't resist . . . getting myself an early Christmas present!

Package #2 was a birthday gift from a dear friend. We had hoped to meet up in Salem but never could coordinate our crazy lives, so she finally mailed it.
This is not just yarn; this is mill-spun yarn from my own sheep! Well, they are her sheep now, the four Boulderneigh wethers lucky enough to call my friend their shepherd. The black is from Bodhran, and the oatmeal is the combined wool from Banjo, Beau and Boo. I know some of you will understand how very special this gift is.

I'm close to finishing Zephyr Cove,

so I think I'll starting looking for a colorwork cardigan pattern for my Boulderneigh Shetland yarn!

That's it for today from . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm envious... isn't it wonderful to have time to do things like baking and enjoy it, instead of rushing. And your presents (both to yourself and from your friend) are beautiful.

A :-) said...

Awesome yarn, yummy treats and early Christmas presents - what's not to like? :-)