Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Wild things


Now that the weather has turned, we're filling our feeder with black oil sunflower seeds again. News gets around fast; along with the birds, the lovely Western gray squirrels are back, and this morning I had to scare a young raccoon away before I could let the dogs out to relieve their bladders (it was dark; I didn't get a photo).

Yesterday while riding I noticed our neighbor to the east had visitors. The "meadow rats" are welcomed there, even fed treats; you can tell they are comfortable. I hope our dogs keep them from being as comfortable across the fence line!

Speaking of dogs, we are back to a pack of two; after a year and a month, Mighty Mouse has left the building. Dicey has gone to live with the woman who first fostered her and dearly loved her, but couldn't keep her because of two other chihuahuas in residence (one was viciously dominant). Those chihuahuas have now crossed the Rainbow Bridge, so Dicey will get to be a spoiled only pet and help fill an empty heart and home. She'll probably appreciate a quieter place; she won't have to dodge big dogs and wrestling menfolk.

Shoot; I'd appreciate a quieter place! I'm not sure our furniture – or our house – can stand much more of this!


Down in the fold tonight it wasn't much better. Sisters Bree and Babette were going at it something fierce; I think hormones must be raging. To break things up I took Babette out of the fold for a bigger coat and a pedicure. You know what that means – fleece shots. ;-)

That's it for now from wild and crazy . . .

8 comments:

Mama Pea said...

At least the sheep aren't putting your recliner rocker in jeopardy! ;o}

Michelle said...

Rick has had to repair that LazyBoy on more than one occasion, Mama Pea!

Susan said...

A whole lot of wildness out there! (and in there!) How nice for little Dicey, although I know you will miss her. I am sure that The Pepperoni would LOVE to be an only dog. Love to see your beautiful sheep and oh, that fleece!

C-ingspots said...

Boys will be boys! I long for quiet, alone time at home too Michelle. I'd be one of those who enjoy the visiting deer, think they're beautiful.

Theresa said...

Lucky Dicey, she will revel in all that attention. Gene works from home here and I adore my alone time when he is off running errands for the day. Oh and I encourage him to eat out too. ;-)

Valerie said...

I can tell you from experience that the "wrestling boys" lasts a very short time in the scheme of things. My assessment is that it's the hormones and the alpha male thing working itself out. Enjoy each stage, it passes quickly.

Unknown said...

yup! enjoy that wrestling! New memories are better more that worth wear and tear on the furniture!

Fiona said...

The fleece shots you take always make me go WOOOOWWW!