Friday, September 08, 2017

Fresh on Friday




Hallelujah, the air has cleared some! Last night a refreshing coast breeze pushed the smoke eastward, and a (very) few scattered drops of rain scoured the air a bit though have not actually dampened the ground. (I prayed for a lot more, then found out our hay guy had third cutting on the ground. Never mind, Lord!) The sky has returned to more normal shades of gray and blue, instead of the dingy yellowish haze that sucked the color and life out of everything. My mood and energy level both got a boost; I hope the firefighters did as well.

This morning's haul from the garden:
That's just half a row of green beans; I still need to pick another whole row, plus all the tomatoes (lots of SunGolds and other small ones; not enough to can). Rick picked the first half of the green bean row Wednesday night for our neighbors who give us dill; I've put up seven pints and six quarts of spicy dilly beans (some from another neighbor) which is probably plenty since they aren't Rick's favorite.
I can't dilly-dally with dealing with all these vegetables, because these are ripe now, too:

No rest for the weary at . . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh. Those are my favorite type of plum. Helen

Goatldi said...

Was thinking about you when the thunder storms moved through here and then northward. Glad you got a bit of this and that. Laughed at your rain pray upon remembering your hay guy had hay down. My hay guy in Fresno texted me back after my rain on the barn roof text to "please keep it up here". Glad things are looking up!

Susan said...

I am so envious of your prune plums. My two little trees finally blossomed this spring, but no plums. Even the local(ish) orchard that has them, did not have many and I missed them. Hopefully, next year. I had been watching the weather for your area and was so relieved to see that storms were at work, clearing the skies. I hope the rain was enough to give the firefighters a break.

MiniKat said...

So nice to see clearer skies in your part of the world! <3

Gregg Dunne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Glad things are looking up!


หนังออนไลน์