Wednesday, January 03, 2018

I can see clearly now....



Yesterday (above) and today (below) began with beautiful sunrises – such a grand way to start the day! (Photos 3 and 4 above were taken on my way back from doing barn chores – the sunrise took over the whole sky!)

I've been shooting through our dirty windows since the Christmas tree blocks access to the deck, but this morning I just had to go outside to get some better shots – and got mountain peak perks!

The tree is gone now, though; Rick came home mid-morning and we were able to take down the Christmas tree and clean up. As much as I love Christmastime and all its trimmings, I also love to have my open-space house back, and direct access to the deck. Now if someone would just wash my windows and screens....

I had another dental appointment yesterday and my mouth is more comfortable than in recent memory. It's been a long, hard expensive slog, but EVERYthing is done now but the implant, should we choose to go that route, and we have some time to decide. Brian starts back to school tomorrow but the driving has already begun; he had basketball practice last night and he has a game tonight. I'll be binding off my cowl tonight; I plan to cast on the next project during Thursday night's game. I want to do a "special gifts" post but that will take time and photos that I don't have at this time. Things are starting to stack up already....

That's it for now from . . .


6 comments:

Theresa said...

Beautiful pics as always. SO glad the dental issues are behind you for the moment and there is some comfort in that area!

Mokihana said...

Lovely photos! Our view is west, so I didn't see that much color. Aside from the fact you were up earlier than me!

Retired Knitter said...

Great pics - like always.

I may switch out my shawl to-dos in 2018 and make them cowls instead. I haven't made any of them.

Mama Pea said...

Oh-so-purdy pictures, as usual. What a looooonnnng session you've had with your dental woes. So glad you're feeling better now. Geesh!

I know you're a master knitter, but how fortunate that you can concentrate and get knitting progress made while attending Brian's games, practices, and other waiting times. Makes it feel like not such a "waste" of time, doesn't it!

Leigh said...

Wow, your camera does such an excellent job in capturing the colors! Glad to hear your dental adventure is almost done. It's horrible having teeth and gum problems. Any pain in the head seems to dominate the day (and sometimes night), doesn't it?

Fat Dormouse said...

Lovely photos Michelle. Are you suffering with the Weather now, or is everything OK with you?